Sunday, March 20, 2011

When did dogs stop being dogs?

When did dogs stop being dogs?  We took our dog to the vet for shots and a check up.  The vet told us that we have to take her to an ophthalmologist for an eye problem that she is having.  I did not know that there was such a thing as an ophthalmologist for pets.  Is there really a demand for this?  What happens when you take your dog in?  Do they dilate their eyes, put them in a dark room and ask them to read the line that they can see the best?  If your dog needs corrective lens do you go with contact lenses or glasses and if you go with contact lenses who put the lenses in every morning.  As our dogs age are they going to need bifocals?    It is so confusing. 
I guess it’s just as odd as dressing our pets in clothes.  I was at the store picking up dog food and decided to look at the accessories.  The things that I saw were mind blowing.  There was an evening gown, sandals for their paws, bikinis, winter jackets, a large selection of bandanas, t-shirts and collars that had more bling on them then what you would see on Mr. T.  I was so surprised. 
I was at a parade the other day and someone was pushing their dog in a stroller made for dogs.  Correct me if I’m wrong but when you take your dog for a walk isn’t the purpose of a walk is to actually have your dog walk?
Of course my dog expects someone to hold the doggie door open for her, has her own chase lounge chair, beach towel, and raft for the pool so who am I to judge other dog owners.  So I guess I will take her to the ophthalmologist in a cute outfit with matching sandals being pushed in a stroller and then come home put on her bathing suit grab her towel and head out to the pool to float around the pool on her raft.

No comments:

Post a Comment