Monday, June 13, 2011

OMG, I'm Addicted to Facebook

OMG, I’m addicted to Facebook.  How did this happen, when did it happen, why did it happen?  I never meant for this to happen.  I used to laugh at people that spent so much time on Facebook, I would wonder “where do they find the time” and now it’s hard to believe that I’m one of them. 
My intentions when I signed up was to stay in touch with family, post pictures for family that live far away and to keep up with friends that I rarely get to spend time with.   It’s amazing how it starts so innocent and then grows and grows until you find yourself so addicted. 
I must have gone weeks before someone mentioned to me that I could play Mahjongg.  I was so excited because I love this game that I must have played for hours.  All too soon I was slowly being sucked in by one friend request after another.  I couldn’t let my friends down so I accepted each one.  So that is how my addiction began, pure peer pressure.
I now find myself rushing home from work to get on Facebook, after all it has been 10 hours since I last logged on and a lot can happen during that time.  As I’m typing in my email address and then my password I can feel the anticipation building with each key stroke.  I’m wondering who has posted what, how many game requests, what level each friend is on and a whole host of other emotions go on.
After logging in and reading each post I head to the games.  I spend my time planting crops, tending farm animals, cooking meals, finding hearts, chopping trees, scaring off bears, clobbering snakes, decorating my wagon, building homes and business in my city, looking for hidden objects and in my spear time playing mahjongg.  I’m so tired after all this hard work that I can’t do anything else.  How did this happen?  I love Facebook so much that I can’t even imagine ever giving it up.  If I did what would happen to my farm, frontier land, Wild West town, my city, my café and the most important where would all my hearts go and who would solve my puzzles.  The pressure to keep going is so strong that I don’t know how to stop.  I guess eventually I will have to look into Facebook rehab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment