Thursday, December 31, 2015

GOODBYE 2015, HELLO 2016

We are only a few short hours away from saying goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016.  The best way to describe 2015 for me was the year of the “Good, Bad and the Ugly”. 

The Good – I’m so blessed with an amazing family.  My daughters, grandkids and husband are my world and I don’t know what I would do without them.  My youngest daughter taught me patience and how to go with the flow.  Her life seemed to some as being in total disarray, but she somehow kept her chin up, a smile on her face and stayed positive.  She managed to move, with her husband and dog, 600 miles away from where they live to a new location with just a few days’ notice.  She had to live with her in-laws, which for some would be difficult, and she figured out a way to make it work.  I’m so proud of the way she handled this difficult time. 

My oldest daughter has shown me how to be a good parent.  She is raising two of the most thoughtful, loving, caring individuals I have ever met.  I’m not sure where she learned her parenting skills from but I stand in awe of what an amazing job she is doing.  We were able to take a short trip with our two grandkids and our daughter; they were the best traveling companions ever.  We had such a good time.  We were having such a good time that the hotel manager called to tell us to quiet down; I guess we had a little too much fun. 

My husband this year has shown me that he is my true sole mate.  He is the one person in this world that knows my inner most thoughts, my fears, my hopes, my past, my present and my dreams for the future.  He is my rock, he is always there when I need a shoulder to cry on (even though I hate to show emotions), he makes me laugh when I really want to cry, he reminds me every day that I’m worth something and that he is proud of me.  I love this man!

The Bad – this year I have had to say goodbye, or more like hope to see you again, to some that I cared a great deal about.  It’s never easy.  Some of those individuals were people I worked with. Knowing that I’m not going to be able to swing by their desk or pick up the phone just to talk has been hard.  One of the individuals that were let go was someone who always had my back at the office, seeing his empty cube was not easy and has been an uphill battle for me.  His departure meant a lot of stuff was dumped onto my shoulders and an increased work load.  I’m learning to adjust to this and redefine my processes.

This was also the year that I discovered that no matter what I do or accomplish I’m never going to amount to much in my mom’s eyes, so why keep trying.  This was a sad discovery for me but one that I should have known was coming.  I love my mom and always will but I know that for whatever reason I’m a disappointment to her. 

The Ugly – this last year brought out the ugly in so many different ways, mostly through social media.  I have witness family members rip each other to pieces on social media over differences of opinions, why can’t we just agree to disagree? After all the bickering family members would wonder why they were unfriended, seriously? 

One of the ugliest moments was when a sibling decided it was a good idea to bring up past events from our childhood and then stated that it was their Facebook page and therefore could post whatever they wanted to.  I know for me it stirred up a lot of old memories that I thought I had buried or dealt with, I lost many hours of sleep over this. I have since decided to consider the source and know that this sibling is an extremely unhappy person and making others feel the same way somehow makes them feel better about their life.  I guess you can’t fix stupid.


With 2015 almost over and 2016 about to begin I plan on making some changes and have only "The Good" for 2016.  My goals for 2016 are to be a healthier, happier person.  I’m not going to let the bad and the ugly of the past define my future.  I hope that 2016 brings to you much happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment