Sunday, July 31, 2016

OMG, Politics!!!!

Both the Republican and Democratic conventions are over and now it is time for the bashing of each party to really get started.  I listened to both sides with as open a mind as I could, however it was not always easy.  This blog is my own personal opinion and is not meant to persuade anyone to one side or another.   
I’m going to start with Donald Trump.  While some feel that he has no filter and in all reality he doesn’t, which is a trait I happen to admire as this is how I live my life.  Never ask me a direct question unless you are prepared for a direct answer.  What I like about Trump is that he is not a career politician and so therefore he has not had 35 plus years to hone his skills of using a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. 
Some say that he is a bully.  I don’t necessarily agree with this.  I think that he is someone who speaks his mind which I know can come across as being a bully.  I hope that all of those that are judging him on this remembers that Harry Reid used to do the same thing but worse, he would destroy someone’s life and not think anything about it, Donald Trump has, to the best of my knowledge, never done that.
Some say that he hates women.  If he really hated women would he have married such strong independent women?  Would his daughter be a strong independent woman?  I can say NO he would not, he would be married to someone like Michelle Duggar who feels that her husband is the king of the house and that she should be there for him no matter what and his daughters would be like the Duggar girls.  The tag line that the Democrats like to use is him say “she had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming from I don’t know where”, I took that to mean that she was looking at him with hate and evil in her eyes. 
I have heard that he plans on putting up a wall around the boarders.  We are a diverse nation and will always be one, no matter if there is a wall or not.  I’m all for people coming here to the US, but I want them to come here legally.  I want them to do what my ancestors did.  So I guess I’m for putting up a wall if it forces people to come here legally.
It has been said that he has caused contractors that worked on his buildings to go bankrupt.  I really have a hard time believing this.  I would like to see the contracts that the individuals signed.  There are ways of getting your money and clearly they did not do any of the things that they needed to do.  Also did they even read or have their agreements reviewed?  I would say probably not, but I’m just guessing.  I have only heard others talk about these companies but have never heard anyone from these companies step forward and say that this really happened so to me it’s just another way to try and convince people to vote for Hillary and not Donald.  So sad that she has resorted to lies.
Now on to Hillary Clinton.  First off I’m going to say this, she is a career politician she has been coached on what to say and when to say it.  She changes her political viewpoints to insure that she will get more votes and not because she really truly believes the words coming from her mouth.   
She stood on a stage and talked about women’s rights, how she is there for all women and that she was breaking the glass ceiling, seriously!!!!  I remember a few years ago when her husband was accused of sexual harassment, what did Hillary do?  I can tell you she did not stand behind these women, even knowing what a pig her husband was.  She could have easily sat and said nothing but not her she decided it was best to trash these women in the media.  I’m not sure about how you feel but knowing that this is her way of standing up for women’s rights but it makes me sick.  She could have handled the situation with more class but she chose to take the gutter route instead.
She talked about how Trump wants to put a wall up around our boarders and that she is not for that.  I guess she has forgotten that she voted several times to do this exact thing.  She stated that those that come here are not taxing on our resources and that we should welcome them with open arms.  I disagree with her on this.  Take a look at our schools, not only do our already over worked, over stressed teachers who have to deal with so many other issues now have to add to their stress by how they are going to teach these children that do not speak the language, don’t these children deserve more?  Also have you ever been to the emergency room?  When people come here illegally they do not have healthcare so they are not getting preventative healthcare, instead they rely on our emergency rooms which then means that doctors can’t treat those that have true emergencies because they are taking care of those without insurance.  Also speaking of insurance what about car insurance?  If someone comes here illegally they do not go out and get a driver’s license, so therefore they do not have car insurance.  Who ends up paying for this if they are in an accident?  I can tell you it’s those of us that have car insurance.  But remember they are not taxing to our resources.
Let’s talk about her healthcare plan.  She is all for Obama Care, I guess she can because I’m sure that the tax payers pay for her insurance and she has no idea what health insurance costs, especially since Obama Care went into effect.  I am fortunate because the company I work for pays my insurance for me so every month I look at it as a bonus but others are not so fortunate.  I handle our accounts payable at my job so I see the health insurance bill every month and I can say that if I had to pay for health insurance I probably would go without insurance.  If I was a family of 4 it would cost me 1 pay check a month to pay for health insurance.  That means 50% of my salary would go to health insurance, I’m not sure what she call’s affordable but that is not affordable. 
At the end of the day I could almost live with all of her flaws, however I cannot live with the fact that as Secretary of State she could not distinguish between personal and confidential governmental emails.  I cannot trust someone who does not understand this very basic part of her job.

At this point I’m sure you can figure out who I’m voting for.  I do want to point out that if you are voting for Hillary just because she is a woman then please do us all a favor and stay home that day because you really do not deserve to vote because you are a clueless person, I guess that is the Donald in me coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment