Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Harlem Globetrotters!!!

Today my daughter called me and asked if I wanted to go to a Harlem Globetrotter’s game next month.  I can say that I was excited even if it will be with a group of kids.  I have always loved the Harlem Globetrotter’s and was very excited when she said that it was floor seats.  Way too many years ago I wanted to play for the Harlem Globetrotters.  Ok those of you who know me you can stop laughing now.  For those of you who don’t know me let me explain why this would probably not work out.  I’m only 5’1” when the average player is well over 6’ tall, I think that I’m as tall as Curly’s legs.  There is also the fact that I know little to nothing about basketball, I still don’t know if it is played in quarters, innings, or periods.  Of course the main reason is that the few times that I have played I look like a duck on roller blades trying to roller blade on ice.  Needless to say I still thought that I would be great on their team.  As you know I never played for the Harlem Globetrotters and the last time I even had a basketball in my hands I managed to throw the ball over, under and everywhere else but in the net.  So if I go to the game I will set there watching, laughing, and dreaming about the time that I wanted to play for the Harlem Globetrotters.   

No comments:

Post a Comment